Stop staring at your closet every morning and get creative with the pieces you already own. P.S. if you’re a TSC Full Member you can ask your stylist for help here! But if not, your first step is to identify those pieces you’re always reaching for and start styling them in ways you might not immediately think of.
Here are some simple ideas for remixes on everyday staples to get the most out of your wardrobe.
Your Most Worn Denim Shorts
- Smarten it up with a leather belt. Adding a black or brown leather belt to a pair of denim can elevate it just enough for an outdoor event or gathering.
- Denim on denim. Another closet staple is the denim button-down or denim jacket. Pairing denim together can create such a fun fashion moment that is not often reached for. Monochromatic denim is totally a moment when you can’t figure out much else to wear.
Your Everyday White Tank Top
- Layer with your partner’s button-down. Stealing from the closet next to yours is not frowned upon here. Grab a flowy, oversized button-down and pop it on top of your tank. Leave it open and roll up the sleeves to fit. Pair with long chino shorts for a masculine and feminine balance.
- Another layering option for you is a button-down dress. Unbutton those buttons and layer over the tank and white trousers for a long cardigan look.
Those Go-to White Sneakers
- Give your sneakers a real quick update by simply changing out the laces for another color. You can purchase laces online or through your favorite retailer. Try a contrasting color like red for a real pop or a dark blue or something a little more neutral.
- Another way to look at your white sneakers differently is to give them a real good scrub. We love this technique used by Better Homes and Gardens. Let them dry in the sun outside, you’ll soon be styling those babies like they’re brand new.
That Large Tote Bag You Can’t Get Rid Of
- That bag you reach for each day is definitely in the market for a makeover. A silk scarf always does the trick for us. Similar to a keychain or other accessory, tie the scarf on one of the straps and let it sway. Or, wrap one of the handles up in the scarf, covering the surface area and providing a chic cover at the grip.
- There is no better way to make a bag feel new again than to reorganize with smaller bags. When everything has its place there is no losing what you’re looking for. Bonus, pop only the containers you need from your daily bag to your weekend bag in no time at all.
Make sure you’re getting the most out of your wardrobe with the assistance of one of our trained stylists. Hiring a creative mind to help enhance your closet can bring a level of versatility that will change your outlook on getting dressed. They can pair your pieces with fresh eyes and create outfits you haven't tried before. Give it a try and snag a full membership today, for your closet’s sake.